November 4, 2018
Five Boroughs of NYC
West Drive, Central Park, New York, NY
Water For People has been selected as a Community level charity partner for the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon happening on November 4, 2018. Become one of our TEN (10) team members and join us in running from Staten Island to Central Park, New York. Spots are first come first serve, email Michael Johnson (email@example.com) for a short application for one of our spots.
The average person in developing countries dedicates hours of their day just collecting water, most of them women and children. On November 4th, the Water For People team will mimic the hours required to collect water by running for hours to support projects that will bring safe and sanitary water to developing countries.
Runners who join our team will receive the following perks:
- A 16 week training guide to help you prepare for your marathon (beginner, moderate and advanced plans depending on your ability and goals)
- Weekly newsletter with tips/advice from experienced runners of marathons and the NYC marathon
- A running long sleeve shirt to wear with pride for our team
- Promotion of you and our team with all of our contacts in our industry, which will assist you to reach your goal
- Tips and advice on how to meet your fundraising goal
All runners will be required to fundraise through CrowdRise.org, which after joining our team we will create with and for you. Each individual will have a minimum fundraising goal of $2,500 to support Water For People programs worldwide. Each team member that meets the fundraising goal will have their registration for the marathon paid for by the charity as a way of saying thank you. We are now building our team. Email Michael Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive a short application to run with us. Spots will go fast!
New York City Marathon History
Since 2013, Water For People New York City Marathon team members have raised over $100,000. Thank you to the 2017 Team Water For People which consisted of: Alison Vickers, Andrew Morris, Jean Malafronte, Jennifer Fose, Miki Jamerson, Monica Gyulai, Neil Schneider, Nuno Loureiro, Patricia Evans, Ryan Smith, Shelkie Tao, and Sheryl Sunshine…join our team for 2018 and this could be you with your shiny new medal as well.