Elementary Student Artwork Poster Contest
The AWWA NJ Student Affairs Committee is sponsoring the annual National Drinking Water Week poster contest as part of our weeklong celebration of drinking water.
The contest is open to students in grades K-5 and runs through April 18, 2018. Prizes will be awarded to the winners, including a pizza party for the top 3 classes!
2018 Rules and Entry Forms Now Available!
2018 Contest Rules & Entry Form | Elementary Student Coloring Activities
About Tap Water | About National Drinking Water Week | DrinkTap.org
AWWA New Jersey
Drinking Water Scholarships
AWWA NJ offers three (3) $5,000 scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students planning a career in a drinking water-related field.
**2019 Applications Available Soon!**
Scholarship Details & Requirements
Online Scholarship Application Form
AWWA NJ Scholarship Applications must be submitted by April 19, 2019.
Also check out:
AWWA National Scholarship Information
"Student Day" at AWWA NJ 84th Annual Conference
March 20, 2019 | The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, Atlantic City
FREE Student Registration* | Hotel Information
- Meet and network with water professionals at our "Meet the Boss" luncheon!
- Attend Student Technical Sessions
- Enter our Student Research Poster Competition and have the chance to
win CASH PRIZES! REGISTER
- Apply for the Student Mentorship Program!
- Team up with an Operator & Young Professional to showcase your water knowledge at the Student/Operator/YP Trivia Bowl! (SIGN UP)
- Browse the Exhibit Hall and attend the technical or Operators’ Hands-On sessions.
- Help out at the Drinking Water Taste Test Contest
- Volunteer at the Section Bookstore or Registration Desk
*There is no cost for students, but registration is still required.
Photos from last year's conference:
Special Student Membership Offer!
FREE First Year Student Membership
Send a completed Application Form
(without payment info) to:
Student Member: Brochure | Benefits
Become an AWWA Member
Check out these AWWA Student Resources:
Student Center | Career Center
Scholarships | Student Chapter Resources
Student attendees pose with "Eddy" - the AWWA mascot.
Student Affairs Committee
AWWA NJ has a very active Student Affairs Committee, which manages scholarship applications, schedules speaking events, and coordinates all student-related Section activities.
Getting involved with the NJ Section has been a launchpad for many students to find jobs and gain professional experience.
Left: Students "Meet the Boss" Lunch; Center: Student Research Poster Competition Judging; Right and below: Student/YP/Operator Trivia Bowl winners and participants
| Filter Building Competition
February 23, 2019
Middlesex Water Company, Edison, NJ
ACE19 Overview | ACE19 Schedule | Student-YP ACE17 Program (2019 TBD)
Great Student Networking Opportunities:
- Student & YP Scavenger Hunt (Monday)
- Career Center Job Fair (Tuesday)
- Future Leaders Reception (Tuesday)
- Access to all 120 professional technical sessions
- Access to over 450 companies on the Exposition floor
- Committee Meetings
FULL-TIME STUDENT DISCOUNT:
Full-time students can purchase a full-conference registration for only $35.
Student registration includes access to professional sessions and Exposition, two lunch tickets at the Expo Café, Wednesday Networking Happy Hour, ACE Wrap Party and ACE Online. Subject to verification.
Pre-registration is required
by April 24, 2019.
Check out AWWA's Conference FAQs