The Licensed Operators Committee (LOC) works with the Education and Professional Development Committee and Membership Committee to provide seminars annually for small water systems directed at operators and at management and operations.
The LOC also:
- Develops and disseminate resource materials to assist small water systems;
- Continues to work with the New Jersey Water Association and the NJDEP to provide assistance to small water systems;
- Continues to provide support in a variety of formats to the non-transient, non-community water systems;
- Promotes AWWA NJ among small water systems;
- Promotes operators outreach activities (e.g. Top Ops)
The LOC works with the Section Director to review and select the Hal Florence Meritorious Operator Award Recipient each year, and administers the Licensed Operator Fellowship/Mentorship Program.