The American Water Works Association New Jersey Section (AWWA NJ) will be awarding scholarships of $5,000 to three deserving students, based on their interest in the field of drinking water and pursuit of a career in the drinking water industry. The winning candidates will also receive free one-year student membership to AWWA and an automatic placement into the AWWA New Jersey Section Student/Professional mentorship program.
2018 Applications Now Available! | Due date: April 18, 2018
Details & Requirements | Online Application Form
Tracey G. Liberi Drinking Water Careers Memorial Scholarship
For undergraduate students currently enrolled in an institution of higher education (beyond high school) and entering sophomore, junior or senior year of college or currently enrolled in graduate school, vocational/technical or trade school. Tracey Liberi was an active AWWA member and a professional engineer at SUEZ Water for over 20 years. Tracey was especially dedicated to encouraging young women to work in the water industry and to pursue engineering as a career. AWWA NJ is proud to name this Scholarship in Tracey’s honor.
Drinking Water Continuing Education Scholarship
For high school seniors intending to continue their education in college or other vocational/technical/trade school. Students must have applied and been accepted to an institution of higher education.
Family Drinking Water Career Scholarship
For children of active AWWA NJ members (must show proof) entering freshman, sophomore, junior or senior of undergraduate studies, attending graduate school, or pursuing other vocational/technical or trade school.
The American Water Works Association New Jersey Section (AWWA NJ) and the Licensed Operator Committee (LOC) of AWWA NJ is offering a $5,000 scholarship for an individual that is interested in pursuing a career in the water industry as a New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Licensed Operator.
The water industry faces a critical shortage of Operators and the need is expected to increase by 6% in the next decade. The One AWWA Operator Scholarship was created in 2016 to address the present and future need for Operators by providing training and educational funding. Matching dollars from the American Water Works Association Water Equation Campaign and the AWWA New Jersey Section provide the funding for the operator scholarships.
Water is the world’s most important resource. The One AWWA Operator Scholarship will insure that water is treated right.
The Scholarship award can be used for certification/licensure, two-year water related associate degree, technical school program, professional training program, books and manuals, and operator related conferences.
Each scholarship recipient will receive a one-year AWWA Operator membership.
• Applicant must be a current water operator or seeking to enter the water operator profession.
• Applicant must be pursuing an Operator’s License or Certification, two or four-year degree related to the water operator profession, or professional development.
• Disbursement of the funds will be made directly by the Section to the financial office of recipient’s college, university, or technical school.
• Items related to books, manuals, conferences, professional development courses, and other eligible expenses will be reimbursed to recipient upon presentation of eligible receipts.
• Applicant must reside or work within the geographical boundaries covered by the sponsoring Section.
• Acceptance of scholarship constitutes permission to use recipient’s name and scholarship story for purpose of promotion.