Join us for the Lead in Drinking Water Forum, Updating the Lead and Copper Rule for NJ at the NJIT Campus
Presented by the AWWA NJ Licensed Operator Committee and the Water Utility Council.
- Health Effects of Lead in Drinking Water
- Communicating Risks of Lead
- Common Themes Behind Decades of Corrosion Control Technical Support
- Utility Case Study Lead Service Line Replacement - City of Newark
- Lead in Drinking Water Task Force - Lessons Learned
- Corrosion Control for a Water system
- Determination of Sources of PB in Consumer Tap Water by Sequential Small-Volume Collection with Pb Isotope Ratio Measurements
- Key Elements of Proposed LCR Implications for Water Systems
Michael Schock, USEPA; Diane Calello, Executive Director of NJ Poison Information and Education System and Professor of Emergency Medicine at Rutgers Medical School; Amy Goldsmith, Director of NJ lean Water Action/Clean Water Fund; Mayor Ras Baraka and Kareem Adeem, City of Newark; Jim Dwyer, ESC Environmental; Dr. Gene Hall, Rutgers University; and Steve Via, of the American Water Works Association.
Click here for flyer: Lead in Drinking Water Forum
The cost for the Forum:
$25 per person
Free for full time students
Register Online at www.njawwa.org
Please note: Pre-registration is required for this event. Parking will be provided on campus in the deck, located at 154 Summit Street. The actual room in the Central King Building is subject to change.
This forum is tentatively approved for 4 TCHs (NJ Water Operators, NY PEs and NJ PEs)