2018 Student Filter Building Competition
February 10, 2018 | Middlesex Water Company, Edison, NJ
WIN CASH PRIZES!
MORE INFO | REGISTER (by February 1, 2018)
"Student Day" at AWWA NJ 83rd Annual Conference
March 21, 2018 | The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, Atlantic City
- Meet and network with water professionals at our "Meet the Boss" luncheon!
- Attend Student Technical Sessions
- Enter our Student Research Poster Competition and have the chance to
win CASH PRIZES! (MORE INFO) REGISTER
- Team up with an Operator & Young Professional to showcase your water knowledge at the Student/Operator/YP Trivia Bowl! (SIGN UP)
- Browse the Exhibit Hall and attend the technical or Operators’ Hands-On sessions.
- Help out at the Drinking Water Taste Test Contest
- Volunteer at the Section Bookstore or Registration Desk
Photos from last year's conference:
Student attendees pose with "Eddy" - the AWWA mascot.
Left: Students "Meet the Boss" Lunch; Center: Student Research Poster Competition Judging; Right and below: Student/YP/Operator Trivia Bowl winners and participants
Special Student Membership Offer!
FREE First Year Student Membership
Send a completed Application Form
(without payment info) to:
|Student Member Brochure | Become an AWWA Member | Student Member Benefits
Check out some of these Student Resources from AWWA:
Student Center | Student Chapter Resources | Scholarships | Career Center
Drinking Water Week 2018
May 6-12, 2018
Elementary Student Artwork Poster Contest
The AWWA NJ Student Affairs Committee is sponsoring the annual National Drinking
Water Week poster contest as part of our weeklong celebration of drinking water.
The contest is open to students in grades K-5 and runs through (date TBD).
Prizes will be awarded to the winners, including a pizza party for the top 3 classes!
2017 Contest Rules & Entry Form | Elementary Student Coloring Activities
About Tap Water | About National Drinking Water Week | DrinkTap.org
AWWA NJ Scholarships
AWWA NJ offers three (3) $5,000 scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students planning a career in a drinking water-related field.
Scholarship Details & Requirements (2017) | Online Scholarship Application Form
AWWA NJ Scholarship Applications must be submitted by (due date TBD).
Also check out: AWWA National Scholarship Information
ACE18 Overview | ACE18 Schedule | Student-YP ACE17 Program (2018 TBD)
Incredible Networking Opportunities:
- “Beyond the Spec Book” (Monday 1-4 PM)
Special hands-on workshop with water treatment equipment (only $30 for students)
- Career Center Job Fair (Tuesday)
- Student & YP Scavenger Hunt (Tuesday)
- “Lunch with the Boss” (Tuesday)
- Fresh Ideas Poster Competition (Tuesday)
- Future Leaders Reception (Wednesday)
- Access to all 120 professional technical sessions
- Access to over 450 companies on the Exposition floor
- Committee Meetings
FULL-TIME STUDENT DISCOUNT
Full-time students can purchase a full-conference registration for only $35.
Student registration includes access to professional sessions and Exposition,
two lunch tickets at the Expo Café, Wednesday Networking Happy Hour,
ACE Wrap Party and ACE Online. Subject to verification.
Pre-registration is required by April 25, 2018.
Register online or download the general registration form (PDF).
Check out AWWA's Conference FAQs
Student Affairs Committee
AWWA NJ has a very active Student Affairs Committee, which manages scholarship applications, schedules speaking events, and coordinates all student-related Section activities.
Getting involved with the NJ Section has been a launchpad for many
students to find jobs and gain professional experience.