Safety and Security Committee
Chair: Joe Aldighieri
Passaic Valley Water Commission
|JOIN THIS COMMITTEE
The Safety and Security Committee works with the Education and Professional Development Committee and Technical Program Committee to provide information to utilities directed at operational risk, safety and security.
The Safety and Security Committee also:
- Keep abreast of available safety procedures/guidance manuals on issues such as: OSHA, TCPA, and confined spaces.
- Provide input to the Conference Committee for a safety program at the AWWA NJ Annual Conference.
- Provide safety articles to all Section Newsletter issues.
- Populate the Section website with information on safety practices, regulation and enforcement.
- Provide input to the Education and Professional Development Committee on developing or coordinating training classes that are required for annual recertification (such as confined spaces); and develop a list of other safety courses including where and when they are being offered.
- Investigate workers’ compensation claims in the State to see how the water industry compares with other industries. Keep this information updated to provide guidance to utilities for training programs.
- Provide seminars on health and safety issues, utilizing expertise from various industries.
- Monitor various water sector security agency reports, regulations and programs and disseminate information to members.
- In conjunction with the Education and Professional Development Committee develop training programs to help utilities comply with various regulations regarding security best practices.