The Goals and objectives of the Student Affairs Committee are to:
- Develop a plan to support existing student chapters and to establish new student chapters at New Jersey colleges. Be the resource and ambassador for students to the water works industry.
- Continue to develop programs to promote the water industry to college students. Include road shows to discuss hot topics in the industry.
- Expand awareness of the water industry to the elementary and high school levels. A particular focus should be on county technical high schools. Seek to develop and maintain alliances with the NJ Educational Association and other New Jersey educational organizations.
- Continue and expand the internship and student job placement programs. Encourage students to pursue internships with companies within the Section.
- Administer the AWWA NJ Drinking Water Career Scholarships.
- Work with the Research and Technology Transfer Committee to encourage more colleges to do water research in New Jersey.
- Continue and expand the student poster presentation and award at the Section meeting.
- Promote ethical behavior among student chapters.