The Goals and objectives of the Public Information Committee are to:
- Recognize the contributions of individuals or organizations outside of the water works industry. Examples: mayor, legislators, League of Women Voters.
- Utilize effective recognition techniques to attract reputable public speakers to Section functions.
- Seek to motivate volunteerism through the use of specific recognition measures. This includes continuance of existing awards (speakers, Board of Trustees, Fuller, operators, service, safety, posters) and the need to recognize committee chairpersons and committee members.
- Formulate a mechanism, through coordination with the various Section committees, to identify achievements of individual members, companies, organizations and contributing non-members and then develop a means to recognize the subject achievement. Maintain criteria for each award and historical database of past recipients
- Review recognition and award opportunities that are available outside AWWA NJ for use in recognizing Section members. Prepare recommendations to the Board of Trustees for these awards. This includes AWWA, and other organizations within New Jersey.
- Promote use of AWWA awards that encourage diversity.