The Goals and objectives of the Research and Technology Transfer Committee are to:
- Establish liaisons with other national and State associations, foundations, academia and regulators for the exchange of information and project ideas.
- Disseminate pertinent research information to Section members through the Section Newsletter, and by providing input to the Annual Conference Committee.
- Provide research ideas and other input to the NJDEP Science and Research Group and the AWWA Research Foundation.
- Develop a program to encourage New Jersey water utilities and universities to conduct research.
- Coordinate with the Student Affairs Committee to encourage more New Jersey colleges to perform water research. Potentially match student researchers with water systems to help address operating problems.
- Provide input to the Education and Professional Development Committee for seminars/workshops on water quality, treatment, research and other technology issues.
- Develop a mechanism to solicit research needs of the Section and its membership.