The Goals and objectives of the Public Information - Publications Committee are to:
- Continue to build relationships with public interest groups (e.g., New Jersey Health Officers, Public Water Association of New Jersey, etc.) and mass media in the State.
- Develop a marketing plan with the help of AWWA to brand AWWA NJ as the recognized resource in the state on issues pertaining to water.
- Develop a method to obtain information on public perception of the drinking water industry within the State as a basis for proceeding with more long-term objectives regarding education of the public.
- Enhance the public image of water utilities in the State by pooling utility resources to fund mass media exposure.
- Utilize resources from AWWA for customer information publications.
- Develop a Section speaker’s bureau to provide speakers for various civic, student and environmental groups around the State.
- Develop a plan for Drinking Water Week and coordinate AWWA NJ activities.
- Promote dialogue with, and exhibits at, other professional organizations such as League of Municipalities, Conference of Mayors, and New Jersey Water Environment Association.
Produce a quality, informative Section Newsletter at least three (3) times per year, with regular input from the Section leadership and committees.
Evaluate the expansion of the circulation of the Newsletter to external entities (e.g., mayors, legislators, non- member utilities and service providers) to enhance the image of the Section.
In conjunction with the Section Manager, solicit information to populate Section website and help format website presentation.
Maintain posting of the Newsletter on the Section website.
Generate special publications/presentations to promote AWWA NJ.
Working with the Education Committee, oversee the preparation and publication of an educational and training program calendar that includes all AWWA NJ programs, North Jersey Water Conference programs, South Jersey Water Superintendents Association programs, Rutgers (Cook College) programs, AWWA educational conferences and any other program in the State that may be beneficial to water utility members.