The Goals and objectives of the Public Information Committee are to:
- Continue to build relationships with public interest groups (e.g., New Jersey Health Officers, Public Water Association of New Jersey, etc.) and mass media in the State.
- Develop a marketing plan with the help of AWWA to brand AWWA NJ as the recognized resource in the state on issues pertaining to water.
- Develop a method to obtain information on public perception of the drinking water industry within the State as a basis for proceeding with more long-term objectives regarding education of the public.
- Enhance the public image of water utilities in the State by pooling utility resources to fund mass media exposure.
- Utilize resources from AWWA for customer information publications.
- Develop a Section speaker’s bureau to provide speakers for various civic, student and environmental groups around the State.
- Develop a plan for Drinking Water Week and coordinate AWWA NJ activities.
- Promote dialogue with, and exhibits at, other professional organizations such as League of Municipalities, Conference of Mayors, and New Jersey Water Environment Association.