The Membership Services Committee works to provide a welcoming community for new AWWA members, promotes the value and benefits of being an AWWA member and encourages member engagement in our local NJ Section.
The committee also
- Continues a membership marketing campaign.
- Assists in keeping electronic membership roster and profile that is readily accessible.
- Encourages increased individual, utility and service provider membership.
- Develops and implement a program to retain existing members.
- Plans and organizes special social activities for the membership for the purpose of promoting greater camaraderie within the Section.
- Develops, updates and disseminates an information package for new members.
- Develops programs to assist members and their firms to recruit, train, mentor and assimilate a changing workforce.
- Strives to have the Section membership and leadership mirror the diversity of the water industry workforce in New Jersey. Develop a plan to attract people of all races, genders, ages, geographic locations, occupations (utilities, consultants, manufacturers, distributors, and regulators) and positions in organizational structures within the water business to the Section.
- Develops networking opportunities and events for Young Professionals (Section members and non-members).
- Evaluates and recommends opportunities to provide non-traditional benefits/services to membership as an incentive to increase and retain members (e.g. retirement and financial planning, health club discounts, insurance).
- Develops a membership goal, which considers AWWA goals and workforce demographics.