The Conference Committee plans and oversees the Fall Meeting & Golf Outing, and the Annual Conference. The Committee has three subcommittees: Registration, Technical Program, and Manufacturers & Associates. The primary tasks of the Committee are to:
- Coordinate the efforts of the Technical Program Committee, Manufacturers and Associates Committee and Conference Registration Committee to produce quality educational Conferences, which also promote networking of association members twice per year.
- Coordinate local arrangements (social, recreational, etc.), as required, to successfully implement the Conference programs.
- Develop (in conjunction with the Conference Registration Committee) a profile of Conference attendees and develop programs to address their needs. Develop strategies to encourage Conference attendance among member groups with lower participation rates, especially operators and small systems.
- Explore holding joint meetings with other AWWA Sections to expand Conference resources; report findings to the Board of Trustees.
- Seek input to expand Conference activities to include more recreational and social events for membership.
- Assist Section Leadership in planning, procuring and facilitating activities at the Annual Conference.